Thursday, August 20, 2009

OH MY!

I warned the girls on Monday they had to clean their room by Thursday, because on Thursday when they went to school it was my turn and I would throw it away. (I know I'm a mean mom). So I started in Haylie's room at first glance not too bad, then......I looked under her bed. OH MY what in the world lives there. I had to pull her bed out because I couldn't reach all the junk (or treasures as she puts it). After 4 bags of trash, 2 hrs, taking a picture to blog about instead of getting mad about it, we have a nice rearranged room. Hopefully it will last more than a day, but not likely!

Luckily Kylie's room only took 25 minutes. Hers is messy from the first look but not much hidden in all the nooks and crannies like Haylie's.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

My sister, who shall remain nameless to protect those who don't know me well, used to "clean" her room this way, too. I would put my items neatly in the closet, she would shove them under her side of the bed or cram them into the closet and close the door before they all fell out. At one point, my mom used to ask my sister to go get the kitchen towels out from under her bed because they were needed in the kitchen. Now, my home needs at least 72 hour notice before opening the door to company, and you could eat off my sister's kitchen floor. I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point.

Tawnia Zilles said...

I have been de-junking ever since we moved. I didn't know that my kids had so many collections of things. I must say, it feels so good when you get rid of it all.