Friday, October 17, 2008

Life is never boring!

So the kids are out of school and wouldn't you know it the pain I'd been having that was starting to go away came back full blown at 2:00 in the morning. So I call the doctor for me and have to find a babysitter last minute for 4 kids since they are out of school (yea, I know I should have went a week earlier but it was going to go away one its own). Thanks to Wendy for taking all my kids last minute! I get there and of course I have a lovely ear infection that has been causing my sore throat and other nice little annoying pains! I'm so grateful for medicine!

On Sunday we found that our bathroom was leaking water down into our living room. After a couple of days of trial and error trying to find out what was leaking we decided it was our bath tub. Luckily for us we got a warranty when we bought the house which expires next month. So the plumber comes out yesterday, cuts a whole in the ceiling of my family room and after 2 hours still can't find what is leaking. He calls in the big boss man, he comes in, they peal some paint off the ceiling where the water was leaking, decided to make a bigger hole, and found that when they built the house they decided to put in a little more support under the tub area and they put a nail through the drain pipe, yes I said a nail. Why it took so long to leak I don't know, I'm just grateful they found the leak and that it showed it's lovely little self before the warranty is up. Too bad the plumbers don't fix the big hole they left in the ceiling, huh!

I'd show pictures but my computer and my camera card are not liking each other much yesterday or today so maybe later! Thanks for letting me ramble on and let some of my frustrations out.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry! Life is never dull!

Christine said...

I feel for ya!! I know all about leaky bathrooms! I am STILL waiting for my bathroom to get fixed. Unfortunately, our warranty expired so we have to rely on insurance. Ugh! At least they found the problem. Goodluck getting the hole fixed. Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Hope you get feeling better fast!

Tawnia Zilles said...

Sounds like work! Eek!! I hope you are feeling better, and that you can repair your ceiling soon.

Wendy said...

Suck, it doesn't sound like you are having a fabulous time with being sick and having a gaping hole in your ceiling. I hope you get better and you find someone to fix your ceiling:)

Melissa said...

Did you get everything fixed yet? Let the boys come play this week and take a second to relax and pretend everything is perfect:)

The O'Briens said...

When it rains it pours! Not fun to be sick when the kids are out of school.