Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kaden

Yesterday for some odd reason I decided I would try and see if Kaden was interested in potty training! He is totally freaked out by the toilet seat so I bought one of those little toilet seats (so they don't fall in) that looks like a basketball and put it on the toilet. I also bought him some big boy under ware. Needless to say we spent a good portion of the day in the bathroom. He only had 2 accidents and he went in the toilet 2 times also. My debate now is do I stick with it or give it awhile more before we try and train him. Tate was older than 3 yrs old when he trained and Kaden isn't even 2 1/2 yrs yet.
Another think this sweet boy has done is somehow learned some of his letters. I was wearing a shirt yesterday that said EEYORE on it. He looked at me and said "mom is this an O" Yes, it was. I told him the rest of the letters and for the rest of the day he could tell me what letter it was that I pointed too. I'm not sure where he learned it (maybe Super Why) but hey we've got one smart little boy!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is prof enough for me that it is ok to put my kids in front of the TV once and a while.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I say keep potty training! If he wasn't resistant to the idea and he only had 2 accidents, why not!? It costs less and is less gross work for you (once he gets it down).

I like the Halloween background.

The O'Briens said...

Some kids are ready early, go for it!