
The girls came running up stairs yelling that Kaden was locked in Kylie's room. By the time I got down there he was crying so hard and I could tell he was scared. He has this fascination with locking doors. Unfortunately for him he hasn't figured out how to unlock those doors. I get down there and try to get it unlocked (it is the type that you use a nail). Well after trying and trying, I take the door knob off to see if I can find the little hole to put the nail in better. I could see it but it wasn't unlocking it like it was suppose to. I was getting a little stressed and Kaden is almost hysterical by now. The kids were quite worried about him, especially Kylie, she thought Kaden and Dash (our pet) were going to die in her room. Haylie was cute and went and got him gold fish to feed him under the door to help make him happy.
So after trying for what seemed like forever to get the door open, but was probably only 10 minutes or so we decided to try something we should have started with... Prayer. Me and the other 3 kids said a simple prayer that we would be able to get Kaden out quickly. And sure enough Heavenly Father answered that prayer and Kaden was in my arms less than 30 seconds later.
This was a great little testimony builder for me and my kids that Heavenly Father always answers our prayers. Not always the way we would like but always for what is best for us. I'm so thankful for a loving, caring Heavenly Father who loves each of us and knows all our needs and desires of our hearts.


2 comments:
So your little story about makes me cry. Nic had a similar experience when he was about 2. After 30 min. we had to call a lock smith to come . Our apartment had locks on the bedroom door that went to an outside door. The landlords never gave us a key for it. It was very traumatic. I'm glad Kaden is okay, and out of the room...
It sounds like it was a bit scary for both Kaden and mom. Glad he got out safely. Emilie somehow got locked in the small bathroom a couple weeks ago and for some reason it was hard to get open, even with the pointy thing that was given to us when we bought the house.
Post a Comment