Do you ever have mornings where everything is going good the kids actually are not fighting, everyone is doing what they are suppose to be doing or at least that is what you think?
This morning everything was going good...I sent the girls to their rooms to get dressed for school. Well....later after doing Haylie's hair I find Kylie out in the hall still in her pj's not ready for school at all, and it was time to be walking out the door 2 minutes ago. She was in her I don't want to go to school mode. Man, I just love that, NOT! After finally getting her dressed and ready, which seemed to take forever, I tried to round up the other 3. Haylie, was a good girl, and was out in the van waiting to go, Tate was in his room cleaning it trying to earn another marble, and then Kaden...where to find the wandering 2 year old. I finally found him in our bathroom. He had used the toilet to climb up onto the counter and he was "brushing his teeth" in his words, my words "drinking the toothpaste" real healthy, huh. I grab him, get them all in the car and off we finally go, only 10 minutes late surprisingly, to school. Then I get home and get the boys out of the van and feel all sticky. Any guesses??? Kaden was also covered in toothpaste which when I picked him up and put him in the van decided to transfer all over me and my clothes and you know how well toothpaste comes out of clothes!!! Hopefully the rest of the day will run a little more smoothly than 30 minutes of this morning did!!! Here is hoping!
Have a fun memorial weekend whatever you are doing!
Quick Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
2 days ago


5 comments:
OH YEAH!!! We have had a lot more mornings like that this year. Mine usually happen when I am already running real late or not feeling good. Hope you have a better day.
If it helps you any, you totally just made me smile! I am sorry for laughing, but that was funny.
I know how that is. Halfway through the school year I got a letter from the school about Addyson's constant tardiness and how it could affect her performance in school. Dave then decided to come home after seminary and take Addyson to school before he heads off to work. It kind of made me feel bad about my inability to get my kids ready in the morning but it definitely took the stress out of my mornings!
Hope your day got better! I know exactly what you are going thru! Some mornings I just want to crawl back in bed and wait to try again another day!
I so know how morning that like go! It sounds like you handled it pretty well - - you still have your hair...right??
Post a Comment