Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend!

This weekend was a fun, busy, and relaxing weekend. Friday afternoon my sisters came over and the kids were able to play and have fun with each other, and the guys gave in and watched a chick flick after all the kids went to bed. Score one for the girls!!! On Saturday we went to Haylie's soccer tournament (posted below if you haven't seen it yet). Mandie took Kylie over to Bear Lake with her so we were down one kid but yet it seemed so much easier with only 3 kids to watch after at the games. And Kylie is one of the easier ones to watch (because she helps play, watch Tate and Kaden). We only lost Kaden once when he decided to go chasing a candy wrapper down the fields. Luckily we do head counts quite often and we found him quickly.

We then went to Bear Lake where we camped the rest of the weekend. It was pretty good weather except for Monday when we woke up to rain seeping through our tent. The kids all had fun playing in the sand, going for four wheeler rides, playing games, and Kylie found a lizard (named Lizzy) that she was so excited to play with. On Sunday we were able to go and visit with cousins that we haven't seen in years. It was so fun to visit and get got up with all of them.

All in all we had a good Memorial Weekend!!! If you read my blog ever leave me a comment and let me know what you did for your 3 day weekend (just so I know who really reads my blog or if it is just Haylie)!!!

12 comments:

4sweetboys1princess said...

Saturday and Sunday was spent at my grandparents in Abilene, TX, Monday was spent shopping at Ikea!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I love that Haylie reads your blog.

We went furniture shopping and found nothing.

hollie said...

I love reading your blog! We just played and played. I hope that you are feeling better!

Ginger said...

We cleaned the house, went to church, took naps, and framed in the boy's closet and part of one of their walls. A pretty boring weekend, really.

Fonzareli said...

I read your blog and I love it! Saturday we went swimming. Well, the boys went swimming and I went watching. Sunday we did a cookout of sorts with Dustin's family and Monday, we went fishing at Steve and Karen Reeders new place. They have a fish pond. Now we are all coming down with colds and coughs for playing in the rain on Monday, but it was fun and the colds will go away.

Laura said...

I had a couple of friends over, then on Monday I went up to the outlet mall of Tulare with some other friends. I love reading your blogs and seeing pictures of you all.

-Melissa- said...

We had a fun weekend cleaning, swimming and taking it easy. Went by too fast. It sounds like you guys had a good weekend. cute pics.

Chelsie Brown said...

I went to Hawaii!!!

Erin S. said...

Lizzy looks so cute! Christian and I took it easy, went to Lake Ray Roberts and took care of stuff around the house.

The O'Briens said...

We went on a few bike rides, played tennis, slept in, & played around. With gas prices as high as they are, we stayed pretty close to home. Love the new pics!

Michelle said...

I LOVE your slide show. I could watch it over and over. You have such a wonderful family! I am glad ya'll had fun.

Christine said...

It rained the entire weekend. We even had a few thunderstorms. So, we just hung out at home and with friends for the weekend instead of going boating like we wanted to do! Oh well! Glad that you all had fun. I love Bear Lake!! It is so pretty!