Thursday, August 26, 2010

First day of School

Haylie was up bright and early and ready for the bus by 6:55 a.m. (yes it comes that early). She has been so excited and nervous to start Middle School. She got to her first class looked around and noticed 7th graders......she asked the teacher and found out they gave her the wrong schedule, so all our looking around for classrooms didn't help like it should have. She ended up in the office, got her new schedule, got to her math class (late) and found that they didn't have enough desks for her so she gets the teachers desk, forgot to take things to her class, got lost trying to find keyboarding (one of the classes we didn't know we needed to find) found out there are 42 kids in that class and only 40 computers. At lunch the kid in front of her took the last piece of pizza.....and through all this, she survived, had fun and can't wait to go back tomorrow!
Kylie has a male teacher for the first time. She is usually really shy and doesn't care much for the male teachers, but this year she is excited! Her teacher has incentives that they can earn ice cream sundaes and fun parties and she can't wait!
Tate was up and dressed for school before he needed to be. He wanted his dad to "spike" his hair. We walked him to school, into his classroom, he put his back pack up and I went to take a picture (I'm a mom that's what I do) and he gave me the look, do you really have to do this? At the end of the day all he said was his day was good, can I play with friends now? Hopefully the rest of the year will be "good"!!!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I think that if I had Haylie's day I would have cried or refused to go back! Glad she had a good day in spite of all the setbacks. (But I still might cry for her.)

Saville Family said...

Ahh, those middle school years (or, in our day junior high)...what cute kiddos!