Have you ever tried to get your kids to do chores, find something that works for awhile and then doesn't work anymore??? We defiantly have!! Our current one is My job Chart It is a free online thing where you put in the jobs, extra jobs, rewards etc...I set it as my home page so the kids just turn the internet on and there it is ready for them to put in their own password on their picture. It seems to be working pretty well. We made big goals (point ways) but we felt like they needed to be able to earn something without "cashing in" their points. So when ever they get X amount of points they get to go to the treasure box (a.k.a. cheap toys, candy etc...) today I bought a few little things to replenish our Treasure Box. Shortly after being home I heard the usual crash of toys being dumped (why oh why do they do that????) Then Tate comes to me about 10-15 minutes later and says "mom know what we are doing? Me: "Making a mess" Tate: "Yes, so we can clean it up and get points so we can go to the treasure box today" And sure enough they cleaned up their room better than it was before. And yes they earned their little tiny treasure!
Is there anything you do that seems to get your kids to do chores, homework, etc without a fight? Let me know!
Quick Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
2 days ago


1 comment:
Ha ha ha! That was so funny and very clever of those little ones! I really like what you do. I don't really know how to get my kids to cherrfully clean??? If I want anything done I have to be the maid.
Post a Comment