Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's about time....

We finally decided it is time to fix up our whole in our ceiling (remember our leak from the bath tub forever ago). The first thing we had to do, and the only thing we have done so far, is sand the ceiling where it leaked and around where they cut the hole out. After using plastic and tape to make a tent so the dust won't go every where we started sanding. Okay, no one ever told me to wear goggles for this, so I had dust constantly in my eyes. Then about 5 minutes into it our little tent starting falling down inch by little inch. There was then enough dust that our tape would no longer stick to anything, new tape wouldn't even stick to the plastic. There went that great idea. We eventually got it all done, only half our house was filled with an inch of white dust, I somehow got a little black eye from all this (I think maybe the mask I wore gave me my shiner), and now we are ready for the next step to fixing our hole in the ceiling.
We were much whiter than this by the time we were done, and I still haven't got all the dust out of my hair.

3 comments:

Saville Family said...

Ah, home improvements. Brings back memories of our home addition a few years ago: the constant noise, the constant cleaning, never a dull moment. You two look great with those masks...Ah, home improvements!

Ginger said...

Welcome to my world! We are in a constant state of home improvement/repair. I try to ignore the dust except when I can write my name and the date in it. ;) You really ought to watch my daughters paint. (But watch from a distance...they tend to get paint EVERYWHERE!)

Tawnia Zilles said...

Looks like lots of work! I hate sheet rock dust. It goes everywhere. Good Luck.