Saturday, November 8, 2008

And the winner is....

And the winner is....Tom Bernhardt! We got a phone call Thursday night from 99.5 f.m. radio informing us that Tom had won a pair of tickets for Friday night to see Jon McLaughlin in Salt Lake. All we needed to do was pick up the tickets by 5:00 on Friday.

So, we found babysitters for the kids (Big thanks to Terra and Grandma and Grandpa Campbell). The kids got out of school, we dropped them off, and headed down to pick up the tickets with 5 minutes left to spare!!!

We had no idea who Jon McLaughlin was but hey who cares when it is free (minus gas and hotel room of course) and you have no kids for a night. The doors were suppose to open at 6:30 so we arrived around 6:25 and waited in line outside till 7:00 in the cold waiting for the doors to open (not sure what happened to 6:30). But no need to worry we had a little bitty mouse to keep us company and he managed to produce many squeals and screams before the show even started (and as far as I know the mouse stayed outside). We were excited to get inside to get a little warm but apparently something was not quite working with the heater so it was almost as cold inside as it was outside.

They had 2 opening bands playing. The first one was good and kept everyone entertained. The second group of guys had a very very hard time keeping the crowds attention and it was hard (for me) to understand them. Then comes out Jon McLaughlin. Of course the girls go wild. We weren't the oldest people there but pretty darn close. It was mainly college kids there. He sang a few songs and we actually recognized some of them. He sings a song on Enchanted and he has a new hit "Beating my Heart" that I hear on the radio and just never knew who sang it. It was amazing to watch him play the piano. Sometimes his hands were moving so fast I wasn't sure how he was even hitting the right keys. It was all Awesome (except for the cold).




Though we were cold we had a wonderful time being together and being able to talk for more than 5 seconds without being interrupted. Then to top it off we were able to do some Christmas shopping this morning!!!!

Thank you my99.5 for giving us a date!!!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys made it in time to get the tickets. What a fun date! I don't think we've ever won anything on the radio. I guess I need Brian to talk to Tom and Tony and see what the trick it.

Melissa said...

Yeah for free dates! We love them. Glad you had a fun time. Busy week, hence no phone calls, better luck next week. Our business website is on my side bar under projects, projects, and more projects.

-Melissa- said...

Glad you guys had a fun date. It is nice to get away every once in a while. :)

Saville Family said...

Haven't had a date night in a while, I'm green with envy. I set up a google account so I can leave comments!