Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunion Week

This past week has been a wonderful meet up with and catch up with friends week. On Monday we went down to see Sheri and the girls one last time before they went home. While we were there Becca and her kids came too see them again (this was planned). We haven't seen Becca and her kids in years. It was so fun to get got up again and have the kids get reacquainted.

Then on Wed. Haylie started her tournament in Sandy. Trent and Christine were nice enough to let us stay in their beautiful home for the rest of the week so we didn't have to travel back and forth. It was so fun to see them (it's been just over 2 years). It was also fun to have someone to just sit with and read "The Breaking Dawn" with;) Sorry Tom I wasn't much of a mom or a wife:) But, hey at least I'm done with the book!!!

Friday we were able to meet up at a park and visit with some college friends that we use to hang out with all the time before they moved to Washington and we moved to Texas. It has been 8 long years since we've seen them. And again it was fun to catch up.
Haylie's tournament was awesome!!! They placed 2nd in the tournament. We technically think the championship game should have went into over time, because the ref let the game go 2 minutes over and the other team scored the winning goal in the last 10 seconds but oh well what do you do. She had a lot of fun playing and her collections of trophies and medals is getting bigger and bigger.

Over all it has been a great reunion week and fun watching Haylie play. Thank you Loveless family for letting us stay in your home and for the wonderful hospitality you gave to us!

4 comments:

Christine said...

It was so fun having you here! Your kids are soooo cute and were so good! And I, too, loved having a book buddy!! Tell Tom thanks again for the help in our yard!! Haylie, way to go at your tournament!!! You rock!

Quiggle said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. I didn't know you were such a soccer family. Looks really fun.
Glad you were able to finish your book. We will have to chat.
I think I will take you up on your offer to borrow your books. I am excited for another good read.

The O'Briens said...

I still have not read Breaking Dawn and I do not have the book....yet. (whimpers a little) Anyway, I know it's good to catch up with people, glad you had fun. If my family was that busy, I might just go a bit crazy! LOL I will call soon, miss you all!

-Melissa- said...

Way to go Haylie! Looks like you had a fun reunion with your friends.