Sunday, August 17, 2008

OH CANADA!!!!

So after we got back Saturday night from Sandy and the Soccer tournament....we left Monday for Canada to see Tom's family since it is now only a 13 hr. drive vs. 36 hr drive.

We stayed busy there by going to the Dinosaur museum, walking across the suspension bridge, playing multiple times at the splash pad, climbing to the top of the huge dinosaur, go carting, Reptile World, grandma teaching the kids to play the accordion, tea parties (with grandma's real tea cups), corn maze, Park Lake and more. We were also able to see Great Grandma Puzey for a day.
We asked the kids what their favorite thing was and they said all of it. They had so much fun seeing grandma and grandpa and playing with their cousins the rarely see.

Thanks grandma and grandpa, and Chris and Ann for letting us stay with you we all had a blast (even getting so lost in the Corn Maze:) Thanks Logan, Diana, Kara and Joe for meeting us so we could play for awhile and see you guys while we were up there.

While there Kaden seems to have semi gotten over his fear of dogs. He loved playing with Grandma and Grandpas dog (maybe a little too much). Thanks Christine for letting Kaden get used to Nova while we were at your house too.
Tate surprised us by holding Brittany the Boa Constrictor while at Reptile World. I'm a scardy cat and I won't go near it. I hate snakes. He is a true boy and thought it was cool!
On the way home mom and dad wouldn't let the boys have their own shake so they did the next best thing.....
So...now that we have had a super crazy couple of weeks we have a few days to settle down and get back into the swing of things before school starts on Thursday. Yes, this Thursday!?! Remember a few weeks ago when I was so ready for them to go back to school...well now I'm not so ready and now it is time. Oh well, at least we were able to squeeze in some fun things to do this summer.

4 comments:

Fonzareli said...

Not only have you had a busy summer, but you also have tons of fun memories. Holy CRAP with Tate and the Boa. Way to go kiddo but seriously, YIKES!! I've got the heebie jeebies.

The Anderson Clan said...

Sounds you like you crammed a lot of things in a little vacation...did you ever sleep? We were sad we missed you guys...don't plan on being down until Thanksgiving. Glad you had fun...thanks for the pictures. I can't even look at the one with Tate and that ugly, grimy, icky, slithering thing.....! YUCK!

Wendy said...

I fogot that Tom has family in Canada. Dave and I were just talking about how nice it was to live in Oregon and how close it was to Canada. It is a great time of year to visit, I am glad you had fun.

The O'Briens said...

Ya'll have had one busy summer! Sounds like the family had a great time. I am not exactly hip on snakes either! LOL