Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sacrament Meeting Tip!

We've been trying something new the past couple of weeks to help keep the kids some what quiet and reverent in Sacrament Meeting at church. Instead of taking in the big bulky diaper bag (that I never change the toys, books, crayons, etc..) I tell the kids to pick 2-3 quiet toys that they would like to take to play quietly with after they have had the sacrament. So far it has worked pretty good. They still have their few moments, but we didn't take in the diaper bag and the girls put their little toys in their scripture totes (and they put Tate and Kaden's in their bags too), so we didn't have to worry about carrying it around the rest of the time we were at church. YEA!!! Just thought I would share that little bit of tid bit with ya'll in case you are trying to find something different to keep your kids quiet!

On a side note...Tom finally got a calling after being in the ward for 7 months. I think he was starting to get a little concerned. He is now the Deacons quorm advisor and the Assitant Scout Master! Good Luck Babe!!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the tip, I know that I need it. This last Sunday was horrible, I was feeling pretty bad for the people that had to sit around us. We are always running out of the house in a hurry and always forget the all important stuff to entertain the kids. I will have to remember to have them pick some toys this Sunday.

-Melissa- said...

What a great idea! I hate caring around a big bag to church.

The O'Briens said...

We have a red bag with fun church stuff for the kids to do. They still get bored, so I might just try that next time.

Ginger said...

I finally broke down and tried something new a few weeks ago, too. Each of my "little" kids have a gallon ziploc bag with a pencil, a 24 count crayons, and a small notepad. This saves a lot of arguements over who has the red crayon and who needs it--they each have their own!