Tuesday, May 17, 2011

She did it!!!!

Since the beginning of 4th grade Kylie has been dreading this day....The Wellsville Mile. She hates to run, didn't want to go to school because they had to practice running, just plain and simple didn't want to do it. Then one day she comes home with a t-shirt order form where there t-shirts change color in the sunlight. She decided then that maybe she would at least try.
Isn't that cool!Today was the big day...I met her there along with over 1000 other people. It is a mad house there. She had by then decided that she no longer wanted to run, she just wanted to go home. I don't blame her. After finding some friends that were running in the same heat as her she calmed down and decided that she would do it!And she did! This is her about half way through. I just barley missed taking a picture of the huge smile she gave us!
She didn't finish first, but she tried her best, beat her best time by 1 minute and 33 seconds, and she finished!!! I'm so proud of her! Way to go Kylie!!!!

4 comments:

Fonzareli said...

AWESOME KYLIE! I got teary reading this!

Jen said...

I had so much fun watching all the kids I knew and cheering for them. I really was so proud of them all. Way to go Kylie!

Team Taylor said...

How Exciting! Way to go Kylie!

Joe and Kara said...

Way to go Kylie!!! I want one of those shirts that looks soooo coool!