
What has arrived you say? The swine flu has hit our house. Haylie has been sick since Tuesday I took her in today and the doctor didn't think she had swine flu (because her symptoms are mild) but he decided to check anyway and obviously they came back positive. The poor girl was such a trooper when they took the test by shoving a giant q tip up her nose. After the nurse that took it left the room she bravely looked at me and said "OUCH that hurt". Lucky us we are pretty much (or at least should be) quarantined to our house for the next little while. The doctor said he could give the rest of us some medicine so we wouldn't get it but that it was most likely way to late for that and that we are infected! Ya, us!!! So if you have any ideas on entertaining kids please let me know. We have already done plenty of tv watching, computer time, built a fort, pulled out games, read stories, cooked something yummy,created different things with paper and tape, and they are now playing play doh. I'm running out of ideas. Please help!!!
I hope you all have a better rest of the week and weekend than we might possibly have!!!


5 comments:
Hope she feels better soon--hope noone else gets it, but if your house is like ours we LOVE to share things especially illnesses!!! Take care!
uugh! SORRY that sucks!!
Audrie,
I was going to call today and see how Haylie was doing. I knew she was sick. I know how bad that hurts, I had that test when I was pregnant with Alyssa. It hurts bad... Well, I guess no gym in the morning huh? Hope she gets feeling better and that the rest of you don't get it. We just got our flu vaccines yesterday, but if we're already exposed it won't matter. We have 2 weeks before it kicks in. YIKES!
So, let me give you a few links of some fun things that we plan on trying!
1. 3D Paper snowflake looks awesome!http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-3D-Paper-Snowflake
2. Tie-Dyed pumpking shirts has potential! http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12054
3. We play bingo a lot and I love using this site to custom my cards, you'll want to bookmark it for sure! http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/
Get better y'all!
Tanner, Hannah, and I have already had it. Now Amelia and Aubrey have it right now. I am in the same boat that you are in. We ran out of ideas of what to do too. Good Luck.
Post a Comment