Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thank You Friends!

Thank you Melissa and Jennifer for buying me a ticket to Time Out For Women and thank you Tom for letting me go and taking such wonderful care of our children. This has been an inspiring, wonderful, spiritual, hilarious weekend. It is so good to be reminded that Our Heavenly Father loves us, he loves my children as much (or if possible more) than I do. Sister Watts this morning touched me as she talked some about one of her children who struggled with school...I have one of those. As much as I would love for her to all the sudden just "get it" she reminded me that we need those rocky roads to learn something or gain something of more value to us. Also, to realize though it may seem at times that they aren't learning anything, any where if we look back we realize that they are learning just in their own way and in their own time (man I wish it was always in my time frame). I also enjoyed Brent Top's talk and his reminder that when we compare ourselves to others we always fall short. If we put our Focus on Christ and think on him first we will make it through all our trials. We also had reminders to be optimistic, don't give up hope, teach with love, don't try and override our kids free agency (even though I want to), go on a "Mission to Be Happy" and many more things. What a wonderful weekend. I encourage everyone that wants a fun filled inspiring weekend find a Time Out for Women near you. Thanks again to my Awesome Friends and Hubby!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you were there. It was a great weekend!

Jen said...

Sounds Heavenly. Thanks for sharing some of the things you learned with me. I needed a boost today. I have sick boys clinging to me, a husband in Cali trying to find us a house, and a house to pack up.....