1. After bathing 6 kids we realized that our downstairs toilet was spilling over every time someone drained the water or flushed the toilet.
2. Our door knob that is on the door we use 99% decided to quit working so we could no longer go in our out that door. (Not fun when it is raining)
3. I was sick on Mother's Day
4. Six kids wear me out
Ups
1. After paying an arm and a leg Roto Rooter came at 9:45 and cleaned out our clean out drain. (they got paid a lot of money for 10 minutes of work) Our neighbors have now seen a new side of us and were all fasinated by roto rooter and had to stay and see what they did. And apparently flushable wipes are not flushable (that is what caused the problem) and don't use Charmin or Quilted Northern in toilets (luckily on that part we use the cheapest stuff I can find).
2. After spending $8 for a new doorknob we can now use our door again.
3. I feel much better now, and luckily I was sick when Tom was home and we were back down to just our 4 kids.
4. Though six kids are a lot of work for the most part things went smoothly. Of course there was ups and downs with all of it but that is to be expected, Right!
5. I have a new appreciation for my kids and for parents of 6 or more kids. I don't know how they do it day in and day out.
6. All my dandelions got picked by Haylie and Brigham on Saturday (of course they were back in full bloom on Sunday but they were gone for a few hours.)
Hopefully this week will bring more ups than downs. My boys seem to be craving my attention today and just want me to play games with them all day. I think they had a hard time sharing me and their toys last week but they did great!
See what I got to put up with!!!


4 comments:
I thought it was gophotosto.com but I went there and it didn't work. I am glad you're feeling better.
Audrie, I hope you're feeling better..........did you cry as you wrote this!! You know your kids are welcome anytime!!
That sucks to be sick on Mothers Day. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a long week....is it nap time yet? I will try to call you tommorow.
Wow...6 kids! You're a saint! I'm sure you're thinking that 4 isn't so bad after all, huh! :o)
Post a Comment