Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Ups and Downs

Tom seems to have been gone so much lately that Kaden has decided that whenever he can't see Tom (even if he is home just in the other room) he says "Daddy at work". He misses his daddy! When he is home Kaden doesn't seem to let go of him much. I'm so glad that I have a wonderful husband who is a kid himself. He makes life more enjoyable for our whole family and we all love him very much!!!! Kylie finally after weeks of having her tooth hang crooked and barley hanging on, she finally lost it!!! She was jumping on a friends trampoline and I was silently hoping that she would lightly get bumped so that it would fall out. Well, Tate accidentally hit her in the face and it all but fell out. He didn't even hit her hard enough to make her cry, which she cries very, very easily. She looks so much better with it out and missing her front 2 teeth than she did with a very crooked tooth.
We have the opportunity to watch Tom's brother Scott's two boys for a week. They arrived Friday night and will be here until late Saturday night. The noise and mess level has definitely gone up in our house. And meal time feels like we are feeding a small army. We were a little worried about how church was going to go on Sunday, but it went quite well. We only lost Spencer for a couple of minutes, he had decided to go to the bathroom and not tell anyone. Luckily Kylie told me the last place she had seen him was by the bathroom door so we waited and he came out. Then when we were walking out he door we realized we only had 5 kids walking out not 6. AHHHHHHHH, mom panic! Tate was missing. Tom took the kids out and I searched the church. We are the last ward so almost everyone was gone and I couldn't find him anywhere. I went and checked out with Tom again and he wasn't there. I really started to panic now. Answer to a prayer, he came walking out of the bathroom as I was sending some young man in. Apparently, he told Haylie where he was going she just forgot to inform us until after the fact. So other than losing to boys who run off to the bathroom church went good!
After dinner we asked Haylie and Brigham to dry the dishes and Kylie and Spencer to clean the table. I got a phone call in the middle of washing the dishes so Haylie and Brigham decided that they were going to wash and dry the dishes and that they want to do this all week!!! Maybe having 6 kids around won't be so bad if I don't have to do dishes!!!!! Now if I could just get them to cook the meal to life would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!
All in all the kids are getting along good. Kylie and Spencer seem to never leave each others side and it is cute to watch them play. Tate is having a little bit of an adjustment to sharing his computer and Wii but he is doing pretty good.

2 days down 6 more to go........

No comments: