So it is Spring Break with no where to go and nothing to do and still to chilly to play outside. So I decided I would be brave and take all 4 kids to go see Horton Hears a Who. I was nervous since Kylie always has to go to the bathroom multiple times during the movie, Kaden doesn't have a long attentions span, and we might run out of popcorn before the movie was over. But....it went really well. Kaden's eyes hardly never left the screen, he sat on my lap the whole time every once in awhile he would nibble on a little bit of popcorn or Reese's Pieces. The other 3 kids never left there seats and they sat and enjoyed the whole movie. After it was over I told them "Thank you for being so good" and Haylie's reply was "It was a very good movie why wouldn't we be good". Indeed it was a good movie and I thought it taught some important principle for kids (except of course when one of the animals tells his mom "no").
All in all day one of Spring Break is going well. Only 4 more to go and I think my mom is taking the girls for 1 1/2 of those days for a sleepover at grandmas house!!!
Quick Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
2 days ago


3 comments:
I would brave a movie with my kids if they were that good. Glad you all had fun!
I'll be around tomorrow if you want to attemp willow park or something with the kids. Let me know.
I have heard that movie is really good. We'll have to see it. Isn't it always funny when you think things with your kids will be a disaster, and they turn out fine...but, then there are those times where you think, oh, no big deal, that will be easy...and by the end of whatever you are doing you want to put them next to the trash with a cardboard sign that says, "my mom will pay you if you take me!"
Post a Comment